Blogging

A 3-post collection

Introducing devbloggers.com

Sometime back, I wrote about Getting Involved in Open Source. Since then, I’ve been wanting to take Scott Hanselman’s advice on board but to date I have not found a particular project that I felt comfortable participating in or one that fit all my interests. If you look at how much is available out there it is a bit overwhelming! As a result, while still trying to decide which open source project I wish to participate in, I figured maybe I should start working on something of my own. Welcome to *devbloggers.com* As a software developer, one of the things I like to do on a regular basis is to read blogs. However, with so many bloggers...

8 Years of blogging, and counting!

The History It’s amazing how fast time flies but as of today, I have been blogging for 8 years! Before I started blogging back in 2005 while in my last year at university, I remember talking to Paul Andrew, who was working at Microsoft New Zealand at the time when I was a Microsoft Student Partner. Back then, my title was ‘Microsoft Student representative’, which then was changed to *Microsoft Student Ambassador *and currently is called *Microsoft Student Partner. *It’s hard to believe that this was 10 years ago now for me! Putting the student ambassador story aside, at that time, when I was involved in some stuff with Paul, I found out that he had a blog....

Fixing your BlogEngine.NET theme in Windows Live Writer

If you’re using Windows Live Writer with a custom designed theme the blog theme template sometimes doesn’t work correctly. I’ve had this issue a while back and just fiddling around I accidently got it working but wasn’t sure of the steps I followed at the time. Among the things I tried – which didn’t work for me – were using the ThemeFixer tool which you can grab from https://blogs.msdn.com/b/brandonturner/archive/2009/08/16/broken-theme-in-windows-live-writer-you-can-fix-it.aspx. After upgrading to Windows 8 and installing Windows Live Writer again I started having the same issues but this time I managed to fix the issue by doing the following. Step 1: Multiple attempts to add/remove...