BlogEngine

A 3-post collection

Migrating this blog to Windows Azure Websites

So I’ve been wanting to use the new Windows Azure portal for a while now and with all the new features currently available one good way to do so was to try creating a website on Windows Azure. Of course the best candidate for this task was moving my blog from my current web host over to the Windows Azure cloud. Below are the steps I had to go through to perform this migration. I have broken them down to the 3 sections below. 1) Creating the website 2) Creating the FTP credentials 3) Migrating/Updating Data 4) Configuring custom DNS As you can see below, once you log in to the new portal there are many different options....

Test blog post from my Surface using Office 2013

It would still be nice to have a dedicated Windows 8 RT app for Windows Live Writer however if you are using a Surface RT device then you can use Microsoft Office RT to post to your blog. I’ve just setup Word RT to post to my blog so if this succeeded then you should be seeing this post right now. For Blog Engine the settings I needed are below. *Go to Word RT and create a new document using the blog post Template * Once you launch Word 2013 RT choose the blog post template as can be seen below. ** *When you select that template Word RT will prompt you to register your account. * If you have not previously...

Fixing your BlogEngine.NET theme in Windows Live Writer

If you’re using Windows Live Writer with a custom designed theme the blog theme template sometimes doesn’t work correctly. I’ve had this issue a while back and just fiddling around I accidently got it working but wasn’t sure of the steps I followed at the time. Among the things I tried – which didn’t work for me – were using the ThemeFixer tool which you can grab from https://blogs.msdn.com/b/brandonturner/archive/2009/08/16/broken-theme-in-windows-live-writer-you-can-fix-it.aspx. After upgrading to Windows 8 and installing Windows Live Writer again I started having the same issues but this time I managed to fix the issue by doing the following. Step 1: Multiple attempts to add/remove...