I’ve previously blogged about Windows Live Custom Domains and POP3 support in my last two posts but didn’t really talk much about setting it up. Thanks to Darryl’s postI don’t need to!
You can go read his full post but here’s a quick summary of what you need to do.
– Register your own domain name if you don’t have one
– Head to domains.live.com and sign in using a Windows Live ID/Passport
– Choose the Setup Windows Live Hotmail for my domain option
– Note the settings given by Windows Live Custom Domains for the MX/TXT records
– Head to your DNS provider and add a MX record and optionally the TXT record as given by Windows Live Custom Domains
– Go back to your Live Domains account and refresh
Yep that’s all you need to do, if you wish to use Outlook with your Windows Live Custom Domains account you will need the Outlook connector, see my previous post for more information on this.